This week was suprisingly most excellent. I had hardly any work at all from school, got a pupil free day on Monday, no tests/assignments, heaps of computer time, read some books, ate food, stayed up late heaps, still wasn't tired the next day, bludge at school, did heaps of work on a PS2 game, watched heaps of TV and other stuff taht I cant think of at the moment. Also the Iron Chef thing on Saturday which we won :D
Probably the best part of was reading the book The Five Love Languages for Singles (read till about 12 at night). After doing the test, I found out that my primary language is physical touch (but that is explained later) and secondary is words of affirmation. It's kinda curious that the two of them are the ones that I experiance the least at home... Gifts I get for events and rewards, quality time is err.. well had a that when I was a small kid (but now it's hanging around after church for lunch and stuff), acts of service I get all the time. I guess those ones I kinda take for granted in some way. The other two I can hardly remember when they happen... one example is when my mum went back to Hong Kong for 2 weeks last Monday, as she went to the customs thing, she said goodbye and went to hug me, but I didn't really hug back and it was kinda awkward. Words of affirmation, I dont really know when the last time was... something about being able to do something on the computer... even when I do sumfing well, or get good marks, I just get told I don't really deserve it cause I dont work hard enough. I agree, I dont work hard at all...
Well the physical touch thing really depends on who I'm dealing with. With friends, not very much at all. The most I let them is letting them lean on me and hi-fives... but think the reason why I got it was because I like recieving physcial signs, but only with really really really good friends and my future gf. Even with really really really good friends I would hesitate to hug them and stuff, the most I'd do would probably slap them friendily on the back. My gf on the other hand, I wouldn't mind that stuff. Also, I would probably give more than with friends.
I'd say that words of affrimation is definately more my thing, cause I can always see good in people (sometimes I have to try though). Also because words can do the most damage to me. I guess being able to see good in everyone/everything is good, but it makes me terrible at being able to judge (eg. computer is very fun and entertaining but distracts me, studying helps me learn but is absolutley boring).
Reading the book also made me interested because it says that when you give love, you recieve love (not in those words, but kinda). So now, trying to get a gf seems easier, but not really... It says that it is easier when you know their language. Sure it tells you how to do that, but it's not like I talk or observe her that much. And not talking to someone makes it incredibly hard. Not only because she doesn't really talk to me (she can talk to a teacher better than talking with me) but also becuase at school, she's busy talking to other people (she is very popular) and also the only time I can talk to her is on the net. The problem with that is that she is usually on at night, and that is also usually when I don't have the net, cause bro uses it.
Thats probably the only thing these days that makes me feel empty, the lack of being able to recieve love (mainly cause I don't really know how to give in the first place). I hope this week there will be more rain, even though it was raining during the weekend. It seems that in where I live, there really isn't really such thing as too much rain.

No comments:
Post a Comment