Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chairs, a baptism and others

Right more chair games.

(You better be appreicative of me typing this... because I could totally be playing TF2 right now... haven't played for so long... 2 days *cry*)

CHASING THE SPACE (I think that's what it's called)

Bascially, people sitting in a circle in chairs but you have one chair thats free and a person standing in the middle again. So what happens is that the person in charge says left or right, and the person on the right of the chair has to fill in the the gap when person in charge yells out left (because the person is moving to their left into the chair). Then the next person does that and the next person and so on and so forth. Meanwhile the person in the middle has to try to get the seat while the people are changing seats... so you see a person make a mad rush for the seat! It's quite entertaining and everyone participates. Also during the game the person in charge can change the direction by saying change... or some other word... and so the seat shifting goes in reverse.

UNKNOWN NAME (sorry didn't hear the name)

Once again people sit in chairs in a circle, but no gaps and the person in the middle is the person in charge. What the person in charge does is yells out something like "Everyone wearing denim move 3 seats to the left" and so everyone does. So you will most likely go to a seat in which someone is already sitting on... so you sit on their lap. And the next time the person in charge yells out something, you do it again... EXCEPT if it only applies to a person that you are sitting on and not yourself, you have to follow the person and continue to sit on them (but if you are wearing whatever got shouted... then you have to sit on them regardless). So as this continues, you will most likely get massive piles of people sitting on each others lap... quite ridiculous... and painful if you don't want to sit on the person cause you might kill them if you do that.

That's all for sitting games.

BAPTISM

Hmmm today Elaine and I went to the baptism of Josh Hicks. The baptism was Anglican... that might not sound like much but suprisingly it is quite different to the baptist one... and frankly I reckon the Anglican baptism is better at explaining what the baptisee(?) is doing and believing. Although I must say that there is more involvement of the crowd/onlookers apart from listening, cheering/applauding and singing in the Anglican and also the minister/pastor says more stuff. The baptisee also says different stuff for the proclaiming stuff... like proclaiming different things (but not heretical). It was a good time. Although I doubt Josh will ever find this, congratulations again.

OTHERS

Pink has a smell. It exists as the smell of the soap that is used in the office toilet of SDBC. So does warmth. It exists as the smell of the air when the heater is on in our smaller car.

Although this is old news, I take communion again! Yay. For those who don't know (or haven't noticed) I haven't taken it for a while, the last time I remember was when I was in primary school I think.

Hmmm another long post I think, at least it wasn't too serious.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

What's with you and chair games?

Mmm yeah I thought Anglican and Baptist baptisms would be similar, but apparently not :P Twas good though.